by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Missipoo, Maddie and Flowers

Missipoo and her little one, Maddie, Crab Shack

I'm 40-something supervising others in the handling of insurance claims, claims by workers that have been hurt on the job in some way.  Nothing sexy about claims work.  I'm alone now, kids have moved away, husbands long gone, thank you.  I pull the car into the garage closing the door behind me; I am now in my happy sanctuary til 6am the following morning when I leave again for the office.  I leave the car, go through the garden patio and on into the kitchen of the condo.  It's dusty and stale from being closed up all day, I kick off my shoes and get comfortable, opening windows and the front door to let the breeze in through the screen door.  I enjoy my view of green grass, flowers and trees, then my eyes glance the welcome mat on the porch and there I find a carefully gathered bunch of colorful flowers.  I push the screen door slightly open and pick up the bouquet that I realize has been picked from neighbors yards and left as an obvious message for me.  I suspect Missipoo...later she says yes she left flowers for me again, just to let me know she came by to say hi.

Flash forward to now, Missipoo is a 30 something mom.  She's still visiting, via airplane though, since we don't live in the same neighborhood anymore.  And now she brings Maddie and Gustavo along.

What an honor it is to be this woman's aunt, to witness her growth from a little girl to the beautiful, bright and successful woman she has become.  And she's not only beautiful on the outside but inside as well.

Thank you Universe!  I am so grateful for all of my blessings.


No comments:

Post a Comment