by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Goodbye Bee and Fox News

Since Kauai I have been doing a small sketch everyday.  This is one I did of Christmas balls in a glass apothecary jar.  It's dated December 20 so it was probably raining; otherwise I would have sketched something outside of my kitchen window.  This is part of my plan for a change in 2013.

For years my day has begun with coffee and the Bee.  I would read it each morning front to back and then and only then be able to begin a constructive, positive day.  A few months ago, Jack expressed his desire to cancel the Bee,  all the pre-recorded Fox News programs and limit our worldly knowledge to what is reported on the 1/2 hour local news program at 5pm each evening.  I must admit it took me a few months to warm to the idea but we eventually agreed and weaned ourselves while in Kauai.

My new ritual in the a.m. is to sketch at my window while enjoying my coffee.  I still keep updated with my ipad news stories, Facebook and communications with friends and family.  I've got more time to write and be creative and I've even started another blog which is a compilation of my thoughts while sitting at my window.

I feel more calm and at ease with this new way of being, or letting it be.  And it's way easier to just breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment