by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Very Good for Breathing

So I'm so sick of doing the little guys and thinking of a composition for each one of them!  I have abandoned the idea of entering the 30 days of paintings show, but I am interested in doing something "outside of the box" which is another event happening in Auburn.  I picked up my box which is 6 sheets of 1/2" plywood, each 10x10".  I have been playing with them to try to configure something that is not a box, lol, and also not a crafty project.

My mentor did an outside of the box painting a few years ago which I just loved.  It's a large canvas with a wonderful abstract of her experience in Machu Pichu, and she had to do more of her vision on the back of the canvas.  She did the hanging wire from the top of the canvas so it could be hung with both sides available for viewing.

Since I absolutely love the backs of these small canvasses that I have done, I have decided to paint their reverse sides that are usually to the wall.  They are sitting on top of the 6 pieces of wood that are going to be part of the "outside of the box" piece.


Here's an image of what I have done so far.  See the little nooks and crannies that are the backs of these little gems.  I love that about them.

I don't really know where I am going precisely.  I have an abstracted, kind of far away view of the finished piece which I will share as I go along.

Right now am off to the movies with my better half, and Woody Allen always makes us laugh which is good for breathing.  Yes, very good for breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment