by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

24 DONE, 6 TO GO


Well!  I count 24 done, 6 to go.  The remaining canvasses will probably be very minimal in design and composition as the ones that are done are really kinda complicated leaving the overall design very busy.    It's very difficult to photograph the overall image well enough to appreciate each individual small painting so here are some of the completed ones:











These're all tiny guys, 4x4"s and 5x5's and difficult to see if they are too far away.  Once I get the whole bunch of them finished, I'm going to have my photographer really do a good job with the image.  I don't know whether or not I will show them hanging together.  I may just offer each one for sale separately for a nominal sum.  I'm gonna get opinions from the gallery I guess.





As far as the competition asking for 30 pieces in 30 days, I have decided not to enter.  First my attention span is not  long enough to do one of these a day, 30 times.  It gets awfully monotonous and then I feel guilty when there's one day that I can't do one.  Guilt is not an emotion I want to deal with where my painting is concerned.  I have enough guilt in other areas of my life!   Of course, I may change my mind tomorrow...think I'm going to go exercise and breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment