by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, June 23, 2013

Painting, Arranging Furniture and Anyone for a Ciggy?

So this Sunday morning I am very interested in this catalogue for summer  art supplies offering 70% off.  I look at the ad for sketch pads and am thinking I need a sketch pad, then I glance over at my window seat and see that I haven't completed the one I began in January; and I mean well it's almost full but not really so then I ask myself, do I think that by buying sketch pads somehow that completes the task of sketching a whole pad(?).  If I buy the canvas, does that complete any part of my creating process?  No, no, a thousand times no.  What am I waiting for and why haven't I created in a month?

I think I'm just lazy and have been feeling more comfortable changing the furniture in the living room and gardening.  But am I too hard on myself and just needed a break from paint, from shopping, from people?  Do I really just need a cigarette?  Smiling all over the place, and maybe I'm ready today to put a first attempt on one of these large, heavy duty canvasses I bought a while back.

Dunno, but when I look at how the nicely the furniture is arranged in the living room...I breathe, 1, 2, 3, I breathe...

No comments:

Post a Comment