by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, June 27, 2013

Niece Jenny, Me and Overworking the Work

So been working on my grape painting.  I came to this and have signed it.  Something Niece Jenny said has been nagging at me though.  She liked this painting a couple days ago before additional paint and color was added.  And truthfully, maybe I have gotten to a more realistic place which is where I did not want to go, I was thinking I was abstracting and fracturing more.


 So let's compare side by side.  Do we like the first interpretation before all the work I did?  It's okay if you do, I just want some opinions for my future paintings.  Maybe I'm overworking the work if you know what I mean.  I kinda like them both, colors changed which was not a conscious intention either.

Please comment on FB or on my blog.  I appreciate the help, really I do.  I'll be breathing easier after I see some comments, lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment