by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

30 in 30-- Tadaaaaaa


Still in a Dream

Collage, 6x8"

$60




This began as a piece of Canva Paper which is about 160 lb. paper coated to be used with acrylics or oils.  I placed some pictures of tiny birds, some flannel that I found which I liked for its color, and other ephemera that I collect for this purpose. I found the color palette I thought would work which was predominantly blue/green.  After several layers of pigment I added the line work and darkened some of the birds that were part of my first layer because I like them coming through.

I'm stopping now that I am happy with the piece, even though my intention was for there to be a tiny bit of warm, not almost half.



One thing this 30 in 30 exercise is teaching me is that color and value are very important for allowing the viewer to see the work online.   I think that art, especially original art, is much richer and meaningful when viewed in person.


No comments:

Post a Comment