by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, April 21, 2013

Works in Progress

Poppies





 So today I am sharing images of what I have been working on since last week.  I am still not done with this smaller version of "Poppies."  I think i need more color values in the poppies themselves.


Kauai Flora

Worked on this painting to get the colors more clear and not so "dirty" as one woman described it at the art show.  It was a very frank comment and I appreciated her input because I was aware it was not one of my best works however didn't really see the dirt until she said it out loud.  This is why one needs a critique group on an ongoing basis.



Vineyard

Lastly, here is "Vineyard" and I think it's done.  There was a lot of background noise which needed to go away and I think I finally accomplished that.  This may work as a larger painting, this partiular piece is small, 16x20".  If I do a large rendition though, I am planning on it being very fractured and abstract with the sky being a fairly smooth surface leaving off texture in that 1/3 top of the painting.

I am off to Oak Park today for painting in the street with other on location artists at their annual festival event.  Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment