by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, April 25, 2013

Colorful Palm Fronds and Mai-Tais

So I had a painting of limes hanging on our outside patio wall.  It's a 36x36" canvas which has become worn and cracked since it's been in the elements for about 5 years.  I decided to do a new painting on top of the old splits and globs of oil paint that remained:


I took this from a magazine article showing hotel landscaping from which I picked out these palm fronds and their wonderful changes of color with the sun upon them.  Background is too plain for me and at first thought of placing in items that are helping to cause the shadows, however I just like the story being simple and of this one living plant with its coat of many colors so...

I am in the process of adding a border of green and yellow which goes around the canvas to the back.  Once I am done, I'll post an image showing the sides of the canvas.

I dunno if this will go back on the back yard wall.  I have already replaced it with an abstract I did a few months ago which I like out there, this would lend a tropical touch though and then we could have a mai-tai party...oh yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment