by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Monday, April 8, 2013

Van Gogh vs. Kondos Methods

Began sketching again, almost everyday at my window.  Pepper trees are difficult when one decides to outline every leaf instead of seeing the shape of each cluster of leaves, aka the Kondos way.


First sketch is doing each individual leaf and being very specific, second is Kondos' simple way of sketching.  To me, the completed simple composition is so much more pleasing.  The mad, small shapes which are suppose to eventually create a large shape just kinda makes me feel nervous and in a hurry.  The simple composition just sorta slows my mind down to enjoy the scene without that mad dash to see all the little pieces and put them back together to discover the scene.

Gotta get in my art room now and find a canvas that I can paint on.

Yay, breathing deeply and completely this mornin'.


No comments:

Post a Comment