by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Friday, March 8, 2013

Whew! Glad That's Over

Wow, Ironstone kicked my ass!  Jack's too, after all the work we put into exhibiting my work.


The grounds at Ironstone are beautiful though we arrived just before the Spring flowers have bloomed.




This is my set up at the exhibition.  It was really a nice way to display and the people there at the winery couldn't be nicer.  The crowd looking at the art were really not in the buying mood though which would be okay if only I could get some feedback; however people were quiet which is not a happy place for the artist.



This is the large room in which most of the art that was juried in is hung.  It is also located in a couple of adjacent rooms and hallways.



My two paintings are shown on these walls, "Complements" and "Tranquility."

They will remain hanging and for sale at the winery through May 12th.





I've decided to cut back on this kind of a showing and we will just do fun trips with my sketch pad and drawing pens.  Those studies can be my ideas for work in my studio; after all, it is all about the process for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment