by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Poppies Not Finished after All


So I walk into my small home studio after being gone for a couple days and think "wow, what boring poppies."  Too tired to do anything about it at that point, in my dreams for the next week I was repainting it over and over with a little more paint, then a little more in the next dream, finally I woke up the other day and mixed a batch of about 2 ups of yellows to oranges in various values and began splashing it onto the canvas I thought with wild abandon.  As I look at the painting now, I was not abandoned enough but it'll do for now.

Now that I see it here, maybe I need a couple lighter green pieces in the stems, but maybe not.  I'm prolly just gonna go with it like it is.

So now to re-do "Limes"  an older piece which has been hanging in our patio for a couple years.  I took a look at it yesterday and it's cracked and old, so in need of some TLC.  It's a big canvas too...yay!


No comments:

Post a Comment