by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Sunday, September 9, 2012

Friends and Flowers

Whew!  Where does the time go?  A few weeks ago, I did an oil painting workshop and signed up to do the next class which was in 6 months-- and here it is 6 months later already.

"If a man does not keep pace with his companions, perhaps it is because he hears a different drummer.  Let him step to the music he hears, however measured or far away."  HENRY DAVID THOREAU

I have a friend.  She lives in my neighborhood presently but in a few short weeks she is moving to another neighborhood.  She's moving on.  She's moving on, and this means to me she needs to move on because she has outgrown her life here and in essence me or us, those that're left to be in the place that she has outgrown.  I'm laughing inside at how my ego tells he these things and how I can hear it and laugh to myself that I am so clever because I am so happy for my friend.  I know that my friend moving on is me moving on too.  I'm not going to let this beautiful person get away from me, she is my mentor, my confessor, my council, and nothing will break apart our friendship.  I'll take her flowers if I must...i'll take her flowers because I love her and appreciate her.  So Ego-Mine STOP--, stop that silly chatter and let me go watch the baseball game with Hubby for tomorrow I'm taking my friend flowers.

Breathe, just breathe.

No comments:

Post a Comment