by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Thursday, April 24, 2014

Splat!? I don't remember doing it, honest.

So today which is Thursday, I woke with a bang ready to shower, get dressed and get over to friend Joan's house for a critique of art.  The only problem is our meet date is Friday...so no shower, no combing of the hair but there is brushing of the teeth.  Brushing of the teeth is the one thing I do before entering my art cave, i.e. the room where I create.

Here is my painting of the poppies, still being worked.  At this point I am thinking pale sky and pale green as the field in which these flowers are growing.  I'm picking out the darks versus the lighter areas, always considering composition.

 As I get to this point, I am confused.  I can see most of the flowers and understand the overall painting but there is the area right in the exact middle where it confuses the hell out of me.  This is because I really don't understand if that is in the background, foreground, or if it's just splat! orange paint splatted there.  I don't remember splatting but I'm the only one here.

Here's a closer look at the splat.  Now that I've had some time to look at it, I can see it's another flower behind the front one.  Ok, so now onto finishing this baby...I am thinking I am either going to take out the splat or make it into an understandable poppy.

Darn it!  Gotta do the Sutter Creek Gallery newsletter before it's May...stop Bobbie, catch your breath Sweetheart and breathe.  Ok, I am breathing...1, 2, 3, breathe...1, 2, 3.  Ok, I'm calm.

Be back tomorrow, hopefully to finish this painting before Spring ends!

No comments:

Post a Comment