by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

My Art Room

This is the door to my art room.  There's a sculpture of Andy Warhol by Karen Fulk at the top, to the left is a Mexican frame with a sculpture in it by Kanika Marshall.  The hearts done by my little orange haired grandson, Nevvy.  Just looking at this door makes me happy I guess because I know what good stuff is inside the room.

I open the door and the smell is delicious in there.  The fragrance is a combination of clean painted walls, oil paint and acrylic paints that I use almost every day mixed with a citrusy perfume.  The lemon and lime fragrance is from the handy wipes that I keep ready at all times.   Smell is the first of my senses that is aroused, then I turn on the 9 flood lights that give me the feeling of sunshine on my shoulders.  There are usually a couple paintings in progress on the wall which make me happy because that means I have work to do.  Even if they are only so-so, even if they are totally ugly...the new day brings fresh energy and I dive into the process.


No comments:

Post a Comment