by Martin Scorsese

"Have conviction of how the muse strikes you. And go there."
Martin Scorsese

Tuesday, October 13, 2015

Just Sharing

I have done a lot of paintings this year, have shown them to no one, have hated mostly everything I have done and been in a phase of trying to hate my art enough to stop doing it.  Trouble is when I am at my table or easel doing the work, I am in a zone that is not comparable to any feeling of freedom that I have ever experienced.  That spiritual, sunshiney, wholesome feeling is what keeps me in my art studio for hours at a time.

Recently, I began going through the paintings I have stacked in a big rolling wicker basket in the corner.  I tend to throw work in there once it's dry and my feeling is "trash bin stuff". There are items in there I don't even remember painting, there are some works that I actually like, there are some pieces of paper that I totally ruined but little areas of texture that are completely mesmerizing.

I'm printing the images here.  Well, only the ones which I feel I can share.

Walking Away

Nice Flowers

Caterpillar Ladders

Table and Chairs for Dinner

No comments:

Post a Comment